Being someone who was in Manhattan on 9/11/2001, and who knew some of those killed, the anniversary is never easy. But this helped alot:
(Hope it works)
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.
Taken by Jeremy Brett on the set of Sherlock Holmes. That's David Burke trying to get CJ's hand in a bowl of warm water, I think, lol.
From a Mystery show in 1986 called Brat Farrar. Never heard of it. Anyone?
- Current Location:home
- Current Mood: content
Now I have to wait for the results....
- Current Mood: relieved
It seems to me that too many people are having such a hard time these days. Health issues, financial trouble, family and relationship problems. I look around and all I see is sadness and I can't make sense of it.
I can only hope that the state of things is temporary.
- Current Mood: gloomy
Anyway, many stressful hours and calls later, they called and we were reunited with Doc. Welcome home, boy!
Oh, and it turns out he headed for the local Taco Bell! A dog after my own heart. The man at the nearby nursery got a hold of him as he was preparing to run into traffic.
Here's the man himself:
- Current Mood: relieved
Taken from sherlock2040
1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
2) What was your dream growing up?
I wanted to be a professional athlete. NO one told me there weren't pro female athletes at the time.
3) What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I could dance better.
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
5) Favorite vegetable?
broccoli. I know, its weird but I like it.
6) What was the last book you read?
Alan Alda's autobiography
7) What zodiac sign are you?
8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
One piercing in my right ear and three in my left ear.
9) Worst Habit?
I drink too much coffee.
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favorite sport?
12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Since you're afraid of lifts, I would back away as slowly as possible so as not to startle you. Then I would distract you with questions about Star Trek or something. BTW, I once got stuck in an elevator for an hour bringing an expired patient to the morgue. When they asked through the intercom how many of us were in there, I replied, "Alive or dead?" The only answer was a long space of silence and then "Uh, we'll work as quick as we can."
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
Oddly enough, not the above incident. The death of my 17 year od niece by a drunk driver.
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
I can touch my tongue to the tip of my nose.
16) Do you have any pets?
A dog named Doc and a fish named Rocky.
17) What if i showed up at your house unexpectedly?
Come on in if you don't mind a little mess.
18) What was your first impression of me? (hmmm...careful!)
I thought you were funny and clever.
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
Trimmer thighs and bottom.
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
depends on the crime.
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
pay some bills and take a small holiday
27) What's your favorite place to hang at?
I like my home. All are welcome.
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
30) Do you swear a lot?
only when the Giants are losing.
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
35) Do you believe in God?
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
- Current Mood: bored
I generally don't do memes but...
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
2] learn Italian
3] live long enough to be a grandparent
THREE NAMES YOU GO BY:
2] Lizzie (only my brothers call me that)
3] Lizanne (my given name is Elizabeth Anne)
THREE SCREEN NAMES YOU HAVE HAD:
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF
1] my smile
THREE PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE:
1] American ("medigan" as my Italian grandmother would say)
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE YOU:
3] did I mention spiders?
THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
2] Peanut butter in any form, preferably crunchy
3] physical contact (hugs, handholding etc)
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
2] hoodie sweatshirt
3] favorite socks
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS/MUSICAL ARTISTS:
1] My favorite changes almost daily
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE SONGS (in no particular order):
1] Unchained Melody
2] I like that new one by BonJovi, I think its called "Memories"
THREE THINGS YOU WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP:
2] Shared values
TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE (in no particular order):
1] I've been electrocuted (not just shocked, but the real thing)
2] I can't sing
3] I hate driving
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS ABOUT THE PREFERRED SEX THAT APPEAL TO YOU:
1] Tall and on the thin side
2] Dark hair
3] Full lips
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO REALLY BADLY RIGHT NOW:
1] Take a flight to some destination I've never been to
3] Honestly? sex would be fine right now
THREE CAREERS YOU'RE CONSIDERING/YOU'VE CONSIDERED
1] Physical therapist
THREE PLACES YOU WANT TO GO ON VACATION:
THREE KID'S NAMES YOU LIKE:
How about my 3 kids' names: Ryan, Anna, Eric
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY A GIRL:
1] Bugs are so icky
2] I love getting a manicure (but only for special occassions)
3] I love matching my undies and bras
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY A BOY:
1] I'm pretty good at fixing things around the house
2] I can throw and catch a ball better than most guys
3] I hate shoe shopping. I find a pair of shoes I like and I wear them to death.
THREE PEOPLE THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE TAKE THIS QUIZ NOW:
- Current Mood: lazy